Our integrated studies class had applied to be apart of this poetry project called tin poems with 96,000 other students in New Zealand that are also writing poems and sending them to other schools. What we do is we choose an item from a box that every other school who is participating has. We had to write down 40 words about our item and then chose our favourite 20 of them then make them into a poem. The first word (the title) had to be a anagram of our item and the last word had to be the item that we had. When we are finished they all get sent to a school in Birkenhead Auckland.
For this card my item was a coin. It took me quite a while because it was really hard to come up with 40 words to describe a coin, but overall it was really fun because I learnt heaps of new words to describe things.
For this one my item was a plastic spider. It didn't take me very long because it only had to write 20 words because it was my second poem and I didn't have time to write all 40. I really liked how this one turned out, and I also learnt through making these 2 poems, that its amazing how you can make a poem that sounds good just by putting lots of words together if you construct it right.
You have done really well. Thank you for your help.
ReplyDelete